Brixius Manufacturing Inc., originally known as Manitowoc Designers of Steel (MDOS), was established in 1945 by Harold Brixius. Harold started MDOS after returning from his service in WWII on the Battleship U.S.S Pennsylvania BB38, as a 2nd Class Shipfitter and Diver where he utilized his degree in welding. When Harold started, the company was housed in a quonset building. The original building is still on site today and used as a welding room.
By 1960 the company had completed 6 additions for the growing business. We were primarily producing aluminum awnings and steel rod iron railings.
In 1975 our scope of work started to expand. We started to work with Oral Roberts University doing custom metal fabrication work for hospitals.
In 1995 Tom Brixius, Harold's son, officially joined the company, through the years he progressed to Vice President and eventually to President after the passing of Harold in 2006. Tom has a degree in Mechanical Design which has taken the company into the 21st century with his innovation, skills, and drive.
A 30 x 30' addition was added to the building, to house our first CNC Punch.
Our next addition was done, a 30 x 84' building. This building now houses our laser and many of our fabrication operations.
Our largest addition is currently being added. It is a 40 x 84' building. This building will bring our over all sq footage to 15,000.